Friday, September 19, 2014
1. Full Judgment of Madras HC is at: http://goo.gl/Vb9lNh
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- More than 24,000 appeals are pending before the central information commission
- More than 35,000 appeals are pending before the Maharashtra State Information Commission
- More than 24,000 pending are pending before the Karnataka State Information Commission
- Denial of information on flimsy ground
- the query is not specific
- the documents are voluminous
- information is not available
- documents are missing or not traceable
- the information is in public domain
- deemed refusal where the applicants don't get a response or gets a reply after much delay.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
The RTI Act was passed by the Lok Sabha (Lower House) on 11 May 2005, by the Raj Sabha (Upper House) on 12 May 2005 and received Presidential assent on 15 June 2005. Parts of the Act came into force upon Presidential assent, but the Act came fully into force on 12 October 2005, 120 days after Presidential assent.
This Blog Spot is meant for publishing reports about the usage of RTI Act (Right to Information Act, 2005) so as to create an awareness to the general public and also to keep it as a ready reckoner by them. So the readers may extend their gratitude towards the Author as we quoted at the bottom of each Post under the title "Courtesy".Furthermore, the Blog Authors are no way responsible for the correctness of the materials published herein and the readers may verify the concerned valuable sources.